- Turnbuckle assembly combinations include: Eye and Eye, Hook and Hook, Hook and Eye, Jaw and Jaw & Jaw and Eye.
- End fittings are Quenched and Tempered or Normalized, bodies heat treated by normalizing.
- Crosby’s Quenched and Tempered end fittings and normalized bodies have enhanced impact properties for greater toughness at all temperatures.
- Hot Dip galvanized.
- Hooks are forged with greater cross sectional area that results in a stronger hook with better fatigue properties.
- Modified UNJ thread on end fittings for improved fatigue properties. Body has UNC threads.
- Turnbuckle eyes are forged elongated, by design, to maximize easy attachment in system and minimize stress in the eye. For turnbuckle sizes ¼” through 2-1/2”, a shackle one size smaller can be reeved through eye.
- Forged jaw ends are fitted with bolts and nuts on size ¼” – 5/8”, and pins and cotter on sizes ¾” through 2-3/4”.
TURNBUCKLES RECOMMENDED FOR STRAIGHT OR IN-LINE PULL ONLY.
- Lock Nuts available for all sizes.
- Typical hardness levels, tensile strengths and ductility properties are available for all sizes.
- Turnbuckles can be furnished proof tested or magnaflux inspected with certificates if requested at time of order.
- Meets or exceeds all the requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, these turnbuckles meet other critical performance requirements, including fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
Crosby is considered the standard in the industry — both nationally and internationally. In fact, most contracts that include rigging products read “Crosby Only” or “Crosby or Equal.”
Crosby is the world leader in the heavy lift industry. We strive to set the standard for quality, training, and technical expertise in the field.